GDS Wealth Management invites you to join our dynamic team as a Financial Planner, as we continue to expand and empower clients in their pursuit of financial success. As a rapidly growing wealth management firm, we are passionate about guiding individuals towards their desired financial outcomes. By becoming a part of our young, motivated, and target-driven team, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the future prosperity of our thriving organization.
Join the esteemed team of professionals in the wealth management industry, renowned for their exceptional expertise and dedication. Glen Smith, our esteemed founder, and president has been consistently honored as one of Forbes' Best-in-State Wealth Advisors for five consecutive years (2019-2023). This prestigious recognition highlights our commitment to excellence in delivering sophisticated financial planning solutions and an unparalleled level of customer service. At GDS Wealth Management, we strive to provide our clients with a sense of security and assurance as they pursue their financial goals.
Our mission at GDS Wealth Management is to offer our clients peace of mind surrounding their financial goals with sophisticated financial planning and a high level of customer service.
The financial planner will establish new client relationships in addition to providing advisory services and support to a select group of clients. With financial planning responsibility for the firm’s small to mid-size clients, the financial planner has the opportunity to help the team continue to expand its presence in North Texas and beyond.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Follow up on firm-generated leads, creating a track record of sales accomplishments and consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Deliver financial planning to the client base and assist the Firm’s Principal Financial Planner as needed.
- Participate in required meetings, training, and continuing education requirements.
- Become a lifelong learner, continuously seeking to expand knowledge and stay updated on industry trends.
- Work to build and maintain relationships with internal and external parties.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Industry Experience Requirements
- At least three to five years of financial planning and/or investment advisory experience, especially working with high-net-worth clients.
- Active Series 65 or 66.
- Clean U-4 and U-5 history.
- CEERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or higher is strongly preferred.
- Highly motivated and self-driven, with a strong winner mentality and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Confident in expressing opinions and ideas, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Detailed oriented, exhibiting excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong relationship management skills and a genuine desire to help clients.
- Attendance is an essential function.
What We Offer
- Salary and bonuses are commensurate with experience. Ranging from $80,000-$140,000.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment where your ideas and expertise are valued.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development through ongoing training and education.
- Fast-paced and motivational culture focused on improving our clients’ lives.
- Benefits package, including health insurance, matching 401k contributions, and more.
GDS Wealth Management Guiding Behaviors
At GDS Wealth Management, our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence, and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same.
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind.
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter.
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm.
For more information about our company, please visit our website www.gdswealth.com.
The financial planner plays a pivotal role in attracting and retaining clients. If you have a relentless, burning desire to succeed as a wealth advisor and share our vision, then we would love to hear from you!
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Given the high demand for this position, we’re only able to contact the most qualified candidates.
Forbes Best-in-State Wealth Advisors ranking was developed by SHOOK Research and is based on in-person, virtual, and telephone due diligence meetings to measure best practices; also considered are: client retention, industry experience, credentials, review of compliance records, firm nominations; and quantitative criteria, such as: assets under management and revenue generated for their firms. Investment performance is not a criterion because client objectives and risk tolerances vary, and advisors rarely have audited performance reports. SHOOK’s research and rankings provide opinions intended to help investors choose the right financial advisor and are not indicative of future performance or representative of any one client’s experience. Past performance is not an indication of future results. Neither Forbes nor SHOOK Research receive compensation in exchange for placement on the ranking. For more information, please visit www.SHOOKresearch.com. SHOOK is a registered trademark of SHOOK Research, LLC. Data provided by SHOOK® Research, LLC. Data as of 4/10/23. Neither GDS Wealth Management nor any of its Financial Planners or RIA firms pay a fee in exchange for this award/rating. Visit https://www.forbes.com/best-in-state-wealth-advisors/ to learn more.