Senior Client Specialist
As a Senior Client Specialist, you will:
Provide exceptional client service and operational support for one or more Financial Advisors following a wealth management or portfolio management business approach.
- Responsible for client onboarding coordination, which includes managing Financial Advisor(s) prospect pipeline, assisting with proposal generation, preparing new account paperwork, opening accounts, transitioning new assets to Baird and establishing an ongoing communication/client service plan.
- Gain knowledge of and leverage partnership with Baird’s Corporate Resource Groups to provide the best wealth management solutions to clients.
- Answers all incoming phone calls and handles as appropriate. Manages client needs where possible and advises Financial Advisor of action taken.
- May schedule client appointments and/or conference room for appointments.
- Assemble/generate materials including paperwork and reports for client meetings.
- Understand and ensure business adherence with firm and financial industry regulatory policies
- May manage FA and Team’s social media presence (website, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
- Maintain Client Relationship Management (CRM) system for Financial Advisor(s), as well as leverage the platform to manage the client relationship through mailings, reporting, e-mail tracking, and more, with the goal of implementing well-defined client service models.
- May organize and coordinate seminars and client events at the direction of Financial Advisor(s). Develops client lists, designs material and seminar/meeting content, coordinates PowerPoint presentations and follows through with client contact.
- Seek ways to enhance FA(s) business effectiveness and marketability.
- Initiates and completes all transactions required to fully service client accounts i.e. paperwork, correspondence, client request fulfillment and special projects as needed
- May enter security orders including stocks, bonds, fixed income, options, annuities and other investment vehicle orders per Financial Advisors’ instructions or upon client’s verbal direction.
- May also provide back-up to other teams and the branch when necessary, as well as perform other duties and special projects as necessary.
- Proactively review investment opportunities on a daily basis & notify Financial Advisor(s) to take action on those opportunities with the goal of driving the Financial Advisors’ business. Specifically, this may include funds available/money line, maturing securities, reorg items, and previous days’ activities.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Flexible work-life balance is promoted
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and give back to the communities where we live and work
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
What we look for:
- 5+ years of prior industry and/or administrative work experience
- Active Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam, Series 7, and Series 66 or Series 63 and Series 65 licenses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn and effectively navigate Baird’s Private Wealth Management technology platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy
- Critical thinking and proactive problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with ability to perform semi-advanced math
- Understanding of compliance regulations including the client complaint process and correspondence policies
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.