Are you ready to make a positive impact on clients, colleagues, and the global community? Do you value commitment, curiosity, continuous growth, compassion, community, and collaboration?
Join us at Brighton Jones; our purpose is to make the world a better place through our clients living richer lives. We are the largest RIA in the Pacific Northwest, headquartered in Seattle, with offices nationwide. From the very start, we have been an award-winning organization, from countless Best Places to Work awards — including Seattle Business Magazine's Best Companies to Work for 15 years in a row — to national and regional Community Impact awards, we pride ourselves in our culture and giving back to our community. We are industry leaders and pioneers in financial wellbeing with a focus on helping our clients align their wealth, passions, and purpose so they can pursue a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life.
Our team-based, client-centric approach has fueled our growth over the last 20+ years, and we’re now 250 teammates strong and growing, serving more than 4,000 clients, and advising on over $19 billion+ in assets. Every teammate has a path to ownership in the firm. We're looking for driven individuals who bring a "How can I help?" attitude to their work and are passionate about contributing to and celebrating the success of both clients and colleagues. Join our #OneTeam and be part of an industry leader committed to creating an incredible culture where every teammate can thrive.
We are looking for our next Advisor. In this role, Advisors are responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities, priorities and workload of their client service teams. This includes providing analytical, operational, and administrative support for the acquisition, implementation, and ongoing retention of clients.
Take our Values in Action Self-Assessment to see how our values align!
- Acts as the first point of contact on client communications; strategizes with Lead Advisor to ensure responses are timely and thorough
- Reviews current client portfolios and makes recommendations to clients in consultation with team; proactively considers both strategic and tactical opportunities around investments and other planning areas
- Prepares comprehensive client meeting deliverables including Cash Needs Analysis, Strategic Asset Allocation, and Vocational Freedom Analysis; analyzes all client data and evaluates potential planning strategies
- Provides spreadsheet analysis on an ad-hoc basis for more advanced financial topics such as tax loss harvesting, stock option and restricted stock wealth transfer strategies and risk transfer/management; maintains all record-keeping related to these activities, including cost basis and other position data via portfolio management software
- Responsible for reviewing, approving, and strategizing around trades and portfolio rebalances
- Attends and drives client meetings; owns the execution of post-meeting actions, in conjunction with Analysts
- Leverages internal and external resources to achieve client objectives in such areas as Investment Management, Estate Planning, Tax Planning, Risk Management and General Planning; Works with Tax, Investments and Estate Planning to determine additional levels of detail required for the client's situation
- Seeks out leadership roles in the team and firm projects/assignments
- Trains, guides, and mentors the team on more complex planning areas and strategic intricacies of service delivery and support
- Maintains all aspects of the Wealth Management Scorecard (WMS), including planning topic status, score, and last date reviewed; ensures content is accurate, timely, and reviewed periodically
- Crafts client meeting agenda and determines deliverables to be presented; analyzes client data and develops strategies; collaborates with Lead Advisor to define both the client strategy and the most effective form of presentation
- Prepares and finalizes all standard deliverables related to the delivery of wealth management advice based on inputs from team members; these include Cash Needs Analysis (CNA), Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA), and Vocational Freedom Analysis (VFA)
- Works with Tax, Investments and Estate Planning to determine additional levels of detail required for the client's situation
- Following client approval, works with team to ensure that all tactical parts of the client implementation are executed timely and accurately
- Presents ideas and concepts in an organized and effective manner; attends client meetings and is expected to effectively present specific planning topics; ensures all client related action items are communicated and memorialized in the CRM
- Partners with the Associate Advisor to achieve timely execution of intra-day requests with strict timeframes such as trades, wire requests, and journals; initiates these requests and is responsible for reviewing and approving them; ensures completion within specified time-frames.
- 4 + years of experience in financial planning, wealth management or a related industry preferred
- Undergraduate degree required
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) credential required
- Baseline proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Windows) required; expected to learn other position-related systems on the job
- Organized and able to handle multiple client relationships with contending priorities and coordinate team member resources most effectively
- This role is an in-office, full-time, and exempt position. We are a work from office culture with lots of flexibility.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent work habits, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage workflows
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with clients and co-workers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated teamwork mentality
- Must be able to project a capable and trustworthy image
- Must be a self-starter and proactively manage workload, communications, and ownership of tasks
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- A high degree of personal integrity, maturity, and acute attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Our #OneTeam feels a sense of connection, pride, and ownership with our mission, vision, values, and objectives. We are committed to building a business where 100% of our team members genuinely love where they work and are supported by their colleagues. We do this through building authentic relationships with one another, supporting each other to continuously learn and grow, working hard while having lots of fun, and giving back to our community.
We are a team founded on equity and respect, and we’re on a mission to help our clients, teammates, and global community thrive. Brighton Jones is committed to building a team comprised of diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. We actively foster a compassionate and inclusive culture, one in which all members of the greater Brighton Jones family feel safe to express their unique identities and empowered to reach their full potential.
To the right individual, we offer very competitive compensation, benefits package, and rewarding career opportunities. If you’ve been reading this job description thinking to yourself, this is the place for me, include in your cover letter why you’re excited to join our growing #OneTeam and be sure to describe how the opportunity aligns with your career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or caste. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
What to expect in the hiring process:
1. Values in Action Self-Assessment - at Brighton Jones we don’t just talk about our values, we live by them! We’ve operationalized our values into behaviors and part of the application process includes completing a brief self-assessment on our Values in Action.
2. Initial Interview - this 30-min chat with a recruiter or hiring manager gives us a chance to learn about your background and goals and share more about the role and company.
3. Role Alignment - next you’ll meet with the hiring manager and a peer (virtual or in-person) to dive deeper into the role, responsibilities, and your transferrable experiences.
4. Full Loop - you’ll meet the team in two, back-to-back interviews with team members you’re likely to work with. During these conversations, we’ll be listening for examples of your technical skills as well as how core values show up in your experience. There may also be a writing sample, role play, hiring, or technical assessment depending on the position.
5. Personal Reference Calls - in this final step in the hiring process, you will be asked to arrange 1-2 personal reference calls with past managers of our choosing.
6. What’s Next - interviewing is time consuming and stressful, and we appreciate you taking the time to get to know us. Whatever the final decision, we’ll let you know our decision as quickly as we can. If this role isn’t a good fit, we invite you to stay connected and apply again.