Clarfeld/Citizens Senior Wealth Advisor – INV669
Clarfeld|Citizens Private Wealth headquartered in Westchester, New York, with 13 regional offices across the country, is a leading wealth management firm. For more than three decades Clarfeld’s team of CFAs, CPAs, attorneys and CFP®s provide full investment and wealth management services; comprehensive income tax and estate tax planning, structuring, compliance and governmental representation capabilities; and highly personalized concierge family office services. Clarfeld offers innovative solutions crafted for the sophisticated needs of high-net-worth individuals, families and foundations and has cultivated long-lasting client relationships through multiple market cycles. Clarfeld presently manages and advises on over $17 Billion in assets, offering a wide scope of services, expertise and research, while intimately focusing on each client’s unique circumstances.
In your role you will partner across consumer and commercial banking departments to actively look for cross-service and business development opportunities. This partnership will support your efforts to acquire and manage a book of ultrahigh net worth clients and families. You will be the primary point of contact on client relationships while still being able to delegate, but be responsible for, the preparation, finalization, and follow through with all work products for clients. As a Clarfeld Senior Advisor, you will directly engage with clients to understand their needs, goals, and risk tolerance; analyze and evaluate their current financial situation utilizing a holistic approach, including cash flow, asset allocation, risk management, estate and tax planning; develop a comprehensive financial plan and provide recommendations and customized advice; assist with implementation and monitoring of the overall plan. You will support and act as a liaison to local geographic markets by working with retail, business banking, mortgage and wealth partners. As part of your role, you will visit with local markets to present various financial planning topics to the wealth team; approve new investment engagements and assist in client on boarding; develop new relationships with commercial banking partners to cross sell services; and act as a complete resource for financial planning engagements. You must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management with the group, present and communicate in-depth analysis of the client’s financial position and have a working knowledge of all services provided by Clarfeld Citizens Private Wealth Group and Citizens Bank.
- Establish investment goals, objectives, and risk tolerance.
- develop an investment policy statement and understand cash requirements.
- Provide customized and holistic investment strategies based upon strategic asset allocation and optimization techniques.
- Implementation of investment strategies.
- Monitoring of portfolios, performance, and overall asset allocation.
- Proactively engage with clients on portfolio results, recommendations, and economic/market news.
- Establish family goals and objectives while prioritizing short- and long-term needs.
- Analyze and evaluate the client’s current situation including assets, liabilities, cash flow, investments, taxes, insurance and estate plans.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, and possible planning opportunities.
- Develop a comprehensive and integrated financial plan with specific planning recommendations.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of the overall plan.
Estate and Trust Planning
- As an integral part of the financial planning process, you will: Review estate documents, beneficiary designations and asset titling. Develop and present customized strategies that minimize estate taxes, maximize lifetime giving opportunities and protect assets for future generations. Incorporate and understand philanthropic goals and objectives. Educate clients on various estate planning topics, strategies, and current developments. Coordinate with the client’s estate attorney on implementation and execution of documents Insurance and Asset Protection As an integral part of the financial planning process, you will: Assess adequacy of current coverages and provide integrated solutions utilizing life insurance, long-term care insurance and disability insurance products. Educate clients on asset protection and wealth preservation strategies.
Deposits and Lending
- Collaborate with Wealth Partners and Mortgage Lending Officers to provide banking and lending solutions including premium deposit and cash management services, mortgages and home equity lines of credit, securities-based lending and other tailored professional loan-based programs.
- Develop leads and referrals from existing clients.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with centers of influence (i.e., attorneys, bankers, accountants, and other professionals) to develop new business.
- Provide ongoing training, support and mentoring of colleagues to foster continuous growth and development.
- Keep abreast of markets, planning opportunities, legislation, and tax changes.
- 10+ years of financial advisor services experience
- Financial knowledge and background
- College or university degree
- Life Insurance License