Wealth Management Intern (Wealthspire) - 2024 Summer Internship - Atlantic
Who We Are
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment Advisory firm with $20B in AUM. We have more than 300 employees serving clients from 22 offices in 12 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all aspects of a client's financial life to deliver thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what is most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment Advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisors, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
Our 8 to 9 weeks Summer Intern Program is designed to provide students a challenging, meaningful and supportive experience that replicates the experience of being a full-time Wealthspire Associate. Summer Intern orientation offers a thorough overview of the firm and the opportunity to learn from several senior leaders. Following our two-week training, interns are given day-to-day responsibilities and summer long projects to contribute throughout their time at Wealthspire. The program also includes challenges, mentoring, philanthropic and networking opportunities. Wealthspire is highly committed to the summer intern program and considers it the primary pipeline for our Associate program.
- Assist with the development of client financial plans
- Participate in portfolio construction projects and client portfolio reviews
- Assist with the reconciliation and review of financial data
- Conduct investment research for clients or firm‐wide initiatives
- Assist in the review and allocation of 529 college savings plans
- Research client issues as directed and present data
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Finance (preferred) or an Undergraduate or Graduate Program aligned with CFP with a graduation date before June 2025
- Interest in financial planning and wealth management
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative
- Capacity to think critically and devise creative solutions
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others
- Practical experience with broad applications
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with seasoned professionals
- Opportunity for full time employment after graduation
- Competitive hourly rate throughout the internship
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Wealthspire
Wealthspire is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that values diversity as a fundamental asset. Research substantiates that diverse teams are not only more innovative but also make more informed decisions, leading to increased employee engagement and client satisfaction.
- Equal Opportunity: We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Culture Add Over Culture Fit: Rather than seeking candidates who merely fit into our existing culture, we prioritize those who will add new dimensions to it. We welcome individuals who bring unique perspectives, experiences, and skills that enrich our team and client interactions.
- Inclusive Excellence: We believe that true excellence can only be achieved in an environment where every employee feels empowered and included. Our commitment to diversity extends beyond hiring practices to every facet of our business.
Do you see yourself excelling in this position?
Don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet every qualification on the list. We recognize that career journeys are as unique as individuals themselves, and valuable skills can come in various forms. We're eager to learn about your unique talents and experiences.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.