BFS Advisory Group is seeking to add a Financial Planner with CFP to our team. We are adding forward-thinking people to our successful team; A-players who excel in an entrepreneurial environment. Our clients include business owners, corporate executives, and other professionals.
This position will be focused on sophisticated, goal-based wealth planning for our broad family of clients. The Financial Planner will assist the lead advisors in reviewing, analyzing, and delivering financial planning support to clients; they are an integral member of our client service team. The Financial Planner will be responsible for managing the financial planning workflow, servicing high net worth clients by preparing for meetings, developing proposals and presentation materials, dispensing financial planning advice, and developing relationships with clients who are new to our firm.
The Financial Planner needs to have a strong command of investments and security planning, estate planning, tax planning, employee benefits planning, and insurance planning. The Financial Planner must always support the CFP’s Duty of Loyalty to “place the interests of the client above the interests of the CFP Professional and the CFP Professional’s firm.”
The Financial Planner will work directly with BFS Advisory Group’s Wealth Advisors, and the entire team of credentialed wealth management professionals dedicated to serving our clients. The ideal candidate will reinforce and advance the BFS Advisory Group brand through being a trusted advisor and fiduciary to clients, a strong team player, and consistently providing superior service. This position offers the opportunity to grow into a Wealth Advisor based on successful performance.
- Support Wealth Advisors with client meeting preparation (including developing meeting agendas and client portfolio presentations) and meeting follow up activities (such as processing client meeting notes, updating data in various systems, scheduling future actions)
- Serve as primary source of communication with clients for day-to-day requests, client portals, and plan or portfolio updates
- Analyze, draft, edit and deliver comprehensive financial plans to clients
- Demonstrate holistic knowledge of goal-based planning by preparing and presenting solutions for all types of accumulation goals, including education planning, retirement planning, and other intermediate- to long-term strategies
- Assist in onboarding new clients by guiding them through operational details to implement recommendations and to educate them about how we serve them
- Build and continue strong relationships to retain existing clients
- Maintain updated knowledge of regulations, tax laws and financial programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFP designation, or equivalent advanced planning designation
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial services, preferably as a financial planner or advisor
- Series 7, 63 / 65, or 66 required; Life & Health Insurance license preferred
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills and active listening skills
- Technical and analytical training and experience in financial planning
- High proficiency in MS Office, CRM systems, financial planning software (such as E-Money), and trading platforms, and the ability to utilize new technology with ease
- Ability to maintain professional image and project our values and culture with clients, colleagues, vendors, and other third-party contacts
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Fanatical attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Strong collaboration skills and adept at building relationships with clients, prospective clients, team members, and external resources
- Passion to continue learning and improving
- Confident self-starter who can be successful with minimal supervision and enjoys a fast-paced environment
About BFS Advisory Group
Our mission is to help our clients to use their money to have the lives they want. We provide both investment management and financial planning advice to a diverse group of clients, primarily high net worth individuals and families who are executives or business owners. At BFS AG, we intend to be leaders in helping our clients to understand their investments and how our industry serves them to help them achieve their goals. We build our team with employees who are passionate about serving clients the way we do, focusing on their needs, and designing financial solutions to help them achieve their goals. We provide an exceptional experience to our clients, emphasizing ongoing education, fee transparency, and personalized communication.
We have been recognized in D CEO, Dallas Business Journal, Investment News, Forbes, RIA Intel, Financial Planning magazine, the Wall Street Journal, and other publications for our work and our philanthropy.
What We Offer
Our goal is to hire team members that are well-matched to excel in their position, and to provide them with high levels of responsibility and independence to do so. We provide resources and support so that our team members can grow in their careers and provide value to the firm and to our clients. We offer on-the-job training, mentoring, and opportunities for education outside of the firm. We value a balanced life and believe that what our employees learn and experience outside of the office enriches what they can offer to our clients and firm.
The position includes a comprehensive compensation package:
- Base salary
- Potential for performance-based pay
- 100% coverage of health insurance premium
- 401(k) match
- 15 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays
To apply for the position: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about us: